• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liable for bill ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pooh1965

(arizona)..hi.. i received a doctors bill today in the mail, from a visit on 9/2001. i had insurance at that time that should have paid for this visit (i paid my co-payment). i have heard nothing from either the doctor or the insurance co, up until today. i no longer have that insurance coverage. is there a time limit in which they must bill you for an office visit ? thanks for any info...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you're looking for a time frame in which you can no longer be held responsible for the bill, it's going to be considerably longer than eight months. But if your insurance was in force at the time the bill was incurred, you can still submit it to them even if you don't have the insurance any more. Most insurance plans will continue to accept bills for at least a year after they were incurred, as long as the insurance was in force at that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">