• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liable for injury of someone who crash into me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inCHAINS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

It was snowy winter early this year, going southbound on my way to work I hit a patch of ice and spun a 180 hitting a cement wall. Now at this point I am out of my cay a few feet away, all the other cars I assume see my car ad is avoiding it. Unfortunately after a few minutes a driver going southbound does crash into my car (now facing north) head on. A report was taken and no injury to my knowledge, was taken. However now the driver is suing me claiming that I crashed into him as I was spinning northbound. Am I liable for the injury he now claims he suffers? Even though he stated that he hit me in the report? How much help can the accident report be?

ecmst12

Your car was stopped and you weren't even in it at the time of the 2nd accident? Then you would not be at fault. However, he can sue you anyway. Your insurance will defend you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">