• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Libel? false background check info.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beccab

What is the name of your state? Michigan

ichat michigan state police web site Listed on my Background check that 1) I was arrested for felony possesion 2) I was charged with felony possesion 3) I plead guilty to felony possesion.

I was actually charged with misdemeanor possesion did not plead guilty to anything. I was given a $150.00 fine and three months probation for this huge crime. This was 17 years ago so they have been giving out this information to anyone that wants it for this long. I feel this has ruined my entire life.

They have admited that the report contained the errors and have since fixed it.

B

beccab

depression nausea embarrasment insomnia

Since finding out the informaition has been there I have not been able to sleep. I am having anxiety attacks. I cant eat without nausea. I contemplate suicide since my reputation has been destroyed. I am overwhelmed with the task of finding out how many people have acessed the record and feel I need to contact each and every one of them. I know that every employer that has run a background check has seen this and my chances for future employment with any of them is gone. This includes the Counties of Ottawa, Muskegon, Kent and Allegan. All of the district libraries in west michigan. Library work is where my experience lies and all of the libraries in half of the state belong to the same cooperative.

stephenk

beccab said:
Since finding out the informaition has been there I have not been able to sleep. I am having anxiety attacks. I cant eat without nausea. I contemplate suicide since my reputation has been destroyed. I am overwhelmed with the task of finding out how many people have acessed the record and feel I need to contact each and every one of them. I know that every employer that has run a background check has seen this and my chances for future employment with any of them is gone. This includes the Counties of Ottawa, Muskegon, Kent and Allegan. All of the district libraries in west michigan. Library work is where my experience lies and all of the libraries in half of the state belong to the same cooperative.

Thanks for not answering my question. Before you go off and type that you did answer my question, read my question again and then your answer. Did you provide any "facts" that your reputation has been damaged? Has anyone (friends, family, employers, co-workers) come up to you and say they have seen the information? What job/s did you lose from this false information? Why would the Counties you listed run a background check on you if you havent applied for any jobs in those Counties?

Stop overreacting!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">