• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

libel/false testimonial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fiver

What is the name of your state? California

One year ago I saw a consultant's website with a testimonial credited to me that I never gave and didn't agree with. I phoned and they admitted it was made up. I chose not to make waves, and did not insist upon removal. The consultant was terminated one month ago (poor performance) and I then asked for testimonial's removal. They say I gave "permission" by not insisting on removal last year. I think this is unprofessional, unethical and dishonest. I said so to their employees (MY opinion, not our company's). My comments got back to a principal of the company, who is currently suing an ex-employee for defamation. After we terminated them, they warned that I could be depositioned in this lawsuit. My boss is unhappy that I may have put our company in jeopardy. Did I? Can he depo me?

A

amc822

Yes they can deposition you and by not actively forcing them to remove a statement you knew was false you gave implied consent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">