• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Libel Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toocool

What is the name of your state? California

Hello. I am planning on writing a book. The book is going to detail all the people I have met in my life (as many as I can remember, anyway) in the order I met them, and I am basically going to discuss my relationship with that person, what I think of that person, why I think I feel the way I do about these people, and so on. I also want to reflect on institutions... such as schools and the like.

I want to avoid libel suits against me. How do I go about doing this?

Would I be able to write the actual names of these people and institutions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

toocool said:
What is the name of your state? California

Hello. I am planning on writing a book. The book is going to detail all the people I have met in my life (as many as I can remember, anyway) in the order I met them, and I am basically going to discuss my relationship with that person, what I think of that person, why I think I feel the way I do about these people, and so on. I also want to reflect on institutions... such as schools and the like.
O.K. Good Luck.
I want to avoid libel suits against me. How do I go about doing this?
By not writing the book.
Would I be able to write the actual names of these people and institutions?
That's up to you.
Thanks in advance.
You're welcome.

And further, no one can tell you how to avoid libel except not to write the book because we don't know what information you will impart, how the target of that information will react and the status of truthfulness in the information.

Simply put, you're asking for a crystal ball answer and mine is on load.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">