• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Libel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iatros56

From Texas.
I have my own medical consulting business. I just signed a contract with a large firm for medical services. An employee of another business unit within the company (a physician) was angered by the company hiring my company. He contacted the state medical board and was given incorrect information as to my medical license status (that I wasn't licensed in the state). He then sent an e-mail to a dozen people within his business unit and the business unit I contracted with stating that I was not licensed, that I should be reported to local law enforcement and recommended that everyone stay clear of me. It obviously placed my contract in jeopardy. I am, in fact, licensed and have faxed the appropriate documentation to the company, and corrected the error with the state medical board. The physician who sent out the slanderous e-mail was not associated with the original contract. I felt he should have contacted the person who negotiated the contract with me (the physician knew who he was since he was one of the e-mail recipients) instead of e-mailing people who are not even involved.

I have been told my contract will now be placed on hold pending a "clean-up" and damage control. They relaize the physician was in error. The physician has not said anything directly to me or retracted his e-mail. I am concerned that irreperable harm has been done and that I may never be able to gain the trust of some of the people in the business unit who saw the e-mail.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">