• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License renewal time will warrant show up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bernice743

What is the name of your state? Nevada. My son lives in Reno, NV in May of 2004 he got a speeding ticket in mammoth california. He didn't pay the fine he tried to make payment arrangements but that wasn't allowed, so the fine more than doubled and now there's a warrant for his arrest, my question is will this warrant from California show when he goes to renew his driver's license here in nevada and can he be arrested by dmv. thank you

pojo2

So instead of facing up to the responsibility he is going to run from this for life?

And if someone tells you on here they will cross-reference and he will be arrested does that mean he will just drive without a license?

Last edited:

JETX

bernice743 said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada. My son lives in Reno, NV in May of 2004 he got a speeding ticket in mammoth california. He didn't pay the fine he tried to make payment arrangements but that wasn't allowed, so the fine more than doubled and now there's a warrant for his arrest, my question is will this warrant from California show when he goes to renew his driver's license here in nevada and can he be arrested by dmv. thank you
First, sounds like you did a great job raising this one... teaching him to be a responsible, mature adult. You and your wife should be so proud!!
Second, it is very likely that his license in NV is already suspended.
Third, yes, it is very likely that they will NOT renew his suspended license.
Fourth, tell him to get a really good attorney. He will need one when they pull him over and arrest him, impound his car and toss his ass in jail.... presumably to lose his job also (that assumes you taught him the 'ethics' of working for a living).
:rolleyes:

bernice743

assuming

one should never assume it makes a ass out of you and me, thank you for your wonderful comments, i can see you are a very compassionate person, i was the wife, and my son was on the way to see his father before he passed away when he recieved his ticket. He tried to make paid arrangements. Thanks for being such a jerk. E.S.A.D.

JETX

bernice743 said:
thank you for your wonderful comments
You're welcome!!

i can see you are a very compassionate person
Yep. Compassion is my middle name.

i was the wife, and my son was on the way to see his father before he passed away when he recieved his ticket.
Better buy some batteries for the old 'toy'.

He tried to make paid arrangements.
Sorry, but 'trying' without paying doesn't count.

Thanks for being such a jerk. E.S.A.D.
Again, you're welcome. Suck it.... oh, yea, you already have. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">