• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License revocation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

landonm

I got two DUI’s in Arizona within a 45 day period. Because I have never been in trouble with the law before and I have a nice prosecutor, my fines and jail time are very reduced and i’m not concerned about them. i am concerned about the driving aspect of it however. For both of the admin per-se i requested a hearing. one of the officers didn’t show up, so i only had the 30-day suspension and am now driving to school on the restricted license. I am under the understanding that when the charges go through (i haven’t actually signed the plea deal yet) that my license will be revoked for one year. What i am wondering is if it is possible to get a restricted license during that year, or even to request a hearing and challenge it on hopes that the officer doesn’t show up again. is there any chance of that or is it going to be an automatic 12 month revocation no matter what?

FlyingRon

Note that the license suspension for your conviction is unrelated to the administrative suspension.
Despite how friendly everybody is, you still need an attorney.

In Arizona, you don't get an out for back-to-back DUIs (in other states, you have to be convicted of the first offense BEFORE committing the second, or else it's just two first offenses). It's what the courts call a "sentence enhancer." Unless the DA is going to roll over on this, the second DUI will result in not only the year suspension but also for the 90 day sentence which is not suspendable or replaceable with probation.

Even with one conviction you'll need an interlock.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">