• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lied and altered the CS amount for wage assignment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

My attorney and I have been preparing for the Contempt hearing coming up for failure to pay CS. We were creating a timeline and we just realized that the Ex went freelance and quit his job a week after my attorney had to send copies of our settlement (in which he agreed to the wage assignment including the amount of CS, etc..) I had been receiving deposits from ex's employer in the WRONG amount (@ 1/2 of the ordered amount). My attorney sent his employer copies of the court stamped settlement etc...

Ex had to have submitted something to his employer for them to have even sent anything so my attorney is requesting copies of those papers from the employer to find out what he changed and what number he put in as the CS amount.

My gut feeling is that they asked him to leave or was fired when they realized he had lied about the order, etc...

Question....isn't this a crime? I know it is a dirtball thing to do, but is it criminal?

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is it a crime for him to alter the wage assignment order? To change the amount of CS?
Who says he did? It is possible that the employer can NOT legally garnish anymore than they are already garnishing from his check. Do you know that for a fact?

45Frank

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Ex had to have submitted something to his employer for them to have even sent anything so my attorney is requesting copies of those papers from the employer to find out what he changed and what number he put in as the CS amount.

My gut feeling is that they asked him to leave or was fired when they realized he had lied about the order, etc...

(only U.S. law)?

My ex did the simular thing with CSE and tax offset, changed her as payee and me as payor. It took a year and dozens of letters to get it switched back, they also kept my taxes for two years. It also took me a year to get my rebate.
I am on hold with the tax off-set program as I type. Seeing why I didn't get hers this again.
Oh and they did not do a thing to her. I was told I had to prove she is the one who sent it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">