• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lied to by A FORD EMPLYEE!!! Got a BAD deal!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jamiems1

Ok, Here is my problem. I live in Kansas, and my husband and I decided to trade in our car for a new one. So we went to a local Ford dealership. We were really impressed with a 2002 Explorer, and the price was good, so we agreed to take it.
The dealer we were working for was a smooth talker, and we admitted to him that we had been thinking about getting a second vehicle as well. The dealer then proceeded to show us some cars that we were approved for.
My husband really liked this 2003 Mustang, I was more skeptic. I agrred to the test drive, and that won my husband over.
As the 3 of us sat down to go over paperwork, I told the dealer that my husband and I absolutly did not was any car that had been leased or was a reantal car previously. The dealer assured us that both cars had just one sole previous owner.
So we sighned the papers and took our cars home to await the titles in the mail.
2 weeks later, we get the title to the explorer, and 2 weeks after that we get the title to the mustang. Upon looking at the title to the mustang, we saw that the previous owner was Hertz Rental car. So we got a carfax report, and sure enough, the mustang was a rental. So we looked on our paperwork were there was 3 boxes that said to check bexes if the car was a rental, or leased. Way above the box that said rental, the is a check. But the check is litteraly in the words of the above paragraph. That is why we did not see the mark at sighning. It ticks us off that we said NO RENTALS, and then was given one!
Now, we are not behind on our payments or anything, but we do not want the mustang. We were cheated. We called the dealership, and asked to speak to the guy who sold us the car, but they said that he is no longer employed there. What should we do? We do not want the car, and feel we should not have to pay for it since we were lied to. It is not like we cant afford the car, but we specificly said that we did not want a rental.
Is there anything we can do about this?

E

ebmc

Whenever I buy a car I get the VIN information and run a check MYSELF to see what exactly the history is on the car. You took the salesperson's word for it (haven't you heard ANYTHING about car dealers??) and raced into buying a car without doing your own homework. It sucks, but it's not totally the dealership's fault because you didn't want to take the extra step for yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">