• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien Fees for Closing at HELOC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

graceous

I sold my home in California in March 2022. On the settlement/closing statement fees are listed for Recording Fee of $92 and Statement Fee of $100 related to the payoff of the HELOC. When I called the Bank - Chase - to request that the HELOC be closed, several months later, the Rep charged me an additional $92 fee to close the account. When I further questioned this, after discovering I had already paid $92 at closing, Chase claims that they charged $92 to the County for the lien and then an additional $92 to release the lien. In essence they are stating that the opened a lien on my HELOC account the day of closing of the home sale. This makes no sense. The house was sold in March, it is now February, and there is no record of any lien for a HELOC either with the County or on any of my credit reports. Are they just double billing me, as I suspect, or there never was a lien, or am I missing something?

zddoodah

There's no way anyone who hasn't reviewed the account agreement and all relevant documents could possibly have any insight here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">