• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien on Bank Accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flea

New York - I have 2 different checking accounts. One is a joint account with my husband and the other one is a joint account with my brother. I owed some medical bills that I was in the process of trying to work out a payment plan to pay this debt off. While I was doing this the law office that I was dealing with put liens on both checking accounts and has stopped trying to work out a payment plan with me. The lawyer wants all of the money at once. I was on disability for 6 months prior to the bank accounts being frozen and all of my disability checks were deposited in my account that I have with my husband. I also had not deposited any money in my account with my brother. All the money that's in that account is my brother's money through Direct Deposit from his job. How can I go about getting the liens taken off of the accounts? I need an answer as soon as possible because I go to court to fight this on Monday, June 18th.

bigun

You mean you go to court in 5 days and you're on the net trying to get answers? You and your brother best retain lawyers and do this the right way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">