• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien on Title to Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rascal2trust

What is the name of your state? Texas
I purchased a reposseded mobilehome from Conseco finance
The home was already setup in a Mobile park. After I made the
purchase, and paid for the lot rent, the Mobile Park owners informed me that there was $900.00 due in back lot rent.They said
that they had filed a lien against the title and were probably going to sue Conseco, but I do not believe that they have sued them at this time.I did not rceive a title from Conseco, they said I would have to file for search of lost title, which I have not done yet. The Mobile park owners are now pestering me to try and get
Conseco to pay them, and have hinted that they are to sue me for the back rent, that was due when I purchased the home. I
never signed anything remotely saying that I would be responsible for this back rent, nor was I aware that is was even
due before I purchased this home, I rented the lot before I purchased the home, and they never said anything about rent due. Any advice appreciated.

Jim

I purchased this home the first part of April 2003, According to the park owners they filed a lien against the title in December 2002.

Last edited:

T

tsable

I know from the process I am going through right now purchasing a home that you are held responsible for any liens on your title unless you purchase title insurance - did you purchase title insurance?

R

rascal2trust

No., but what I have found out is that the owner of the Mobile park filed a possessory lien, which means that I can not move the home until the back rent is payed, her Attorney said she could
tell me to either pay the back rent, or she could have me evicted from my home if I do not pay it, and she could retain possession of the Home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">