• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lien placed on house 2 days before close

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FrustrationGA

Georgia

A third party have placed a lien on the house for work they did during a lease/purchase arrangement that expired. Can they do this if there where no contracts for the work to be done? Also, they have reciepts for about 7,000 of the work and the lien is for 11,000. They are adding 4,000 for labor they did.

Please help me understand this. I need to close and get in this house or drop it as a lost cause.

Frustration in GA

HomeGuru

FrustrationGA said:
Georgia

A third party have placed a lien on the house for work they did during a lease/purchase arrangement that expired. Can they do this if there where no contracts for the work to be done? Also, they have reciepts for about 7,000 of the work and the lien is for 11,000. They are adding 4,000 for labor they did.

Please help me understand this. I need to close and get in this house or drop it as a lost cause.

Frustration in GA

**A: since we have no paperwork to review, we can't say. We can say though, that you need a real estate attorney like yesterday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">