• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr. Niceguy

What is the name of your state? Washington State. I was made a beneficiary of a life insurance policy by a friend at work who passed away while visiting in CA. The proper form was filled out for the benefit but only an informational death certificate was sent with it. The insurance company has indicated that only a regular certificate will work. I cannot get a regular certificate because I am not a relative etc. The adjustor suggested I contact a relative and request a certificate through them. I do not know the relatives and judging by what the deceased had said, I do not want to approach this volitile group, what do you suggest?

P.S. The policy was in force for about 2 1/2 years. He passed 4/01/05.

Dandy Don

Is there possibly one member of the family you could ask who is not volatile, or perhaps through the estate executor?

You may consider trying to get one through a court order.

If you know the name of the funeral home that handled the decedent's services, ask the funeral director there if he will give you a photocopy or order one from the state on your behalf without letting them know that its for you.

If none of those options work, consider filing a complaint against this company with your state insurance commissioner so this can be investigated to see if this company's action is unreasonable or not.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

I

itsacatsworld

CERTIFIED COPY OF THE DEATH CERTIFICATE
Certified copies of the Death Certificate initially are ordered for the family by the funeral director handling final arrangements. Additional copies also may be purchased from:

Orange County Health Department, Birth & Death Registration
1200 N. Main Street #100A or Post Office Box 234
Santa Ana, CA 92702
(714) 480-6700

If the death occurred more than six months ago, copies are available from:

County Clerk-Recorder’s Office
10 Civic Center Plaza or Post Office Box 238
Santa Ana, CA 92701
(714) 834-2500.
Dont know what county but it seems they might be available to the public.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">