• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life ins benefator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newkc31

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny. my father died 2 yrs ago and he left me a $10,000 life ins policy that he purchased upon my birth 10 19 1972. my mother refuses to give me any information. i am the sole benefacor. how can i collect?

Dandy Don

Do you know the name of the insurance company where he purchased the policy? If so, contact the insurance company yourself. If you don't know the name, there is a policy locator search service at MIB Group where you pay a fee of $75 and they search through the top 400 insurance companies in the US. Hopefully no one has done anything to the policy and hopefully you are still the beneficiary, but it is possible that your mother could have cashed it in or your father could have submitted a beneficiary designation change form to change the beneficiary from your name to her name.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">