• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LIfe Ins. Beneficiaries Fraudulent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beat goes on

divorced last year. P.S.A. allows for me to request confirmation of beneficiary annually. Dealt with parent company of husbands employer previously All Ok. This year Head of Human Resources of husbands employer said I had ot deal with Florida Office. All records suppossedly kept in Florida Did so but was not happy becaue of problems with them in the past. They sent copies of beneficiary designation form. I decided to check and the Insurance company told me they have nto been insured by them since 1997.
I sent a nasty reply asking why. Wnted to know if this was done deliberately ( which I believe is the case), incompetence or husband harassing his employes.

Receoved a letter form attorney for the company. told me to cease and desist. to have my attorney contact them. they said info sent to me in NOv. This is true but they were fraudulent documents.

Help. What can I do? Is there an organization in florida to report the company to. I believe I have a harrassment case due to other things they have done regarding COBRA and alimony/child support. Would this be a crimihnal case and if so are there attorneys who work on contingency basis.

this si not so much about money but principle. I would like to see him and his employees do community service at the child abuse center and battered womens shelter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated And the beat goes on.

ALawyer

Shame on you for being nasty and seeking vengence around a divorce.

When you say "this is not about money" I say who are you fooling? Experience tells us that is exactly what this about.

Private litigation is about money, not principle. If you have a lawyer, let the lawyer handle things for you. But my sense is your anger and actions have turned the lawyer off too.

B

beat goes on

I thank youy for your two cents worth of Information. HOwever, I don't understand if you are an attorney why you don't tell me your name. It sundfs as though you are angry. I have two children Mr. wonderful is suppossed to leave as beneficiary. It has been a fight all along. why doesn't he do what he agreed to in the divorce agreeemnt?

I would hope if this happened to you that you too would fight for your children. . I would hope if you are a man you would not want some sleeze getting your wife's life insurance money and I would hope your wife would not want some bimbo getting yours. I would hope ;you would both want to PROTECT your children. Then again, maybe not. I'm glad you are not my attorney. this is not vengeance- thisis what was agreed to in the divorce and protecting our children. Even the judge was shocked to find he had changed the beneficiary ;back in the 80's without my knowledge. He was told them to send the benficariy designation to the judge with myself and our children as beneficiaries. As the judge said I can see him hating his wife, but his children????? I wish you the best llife has to offer you.

ALawyer

If you want to enforce your divorce agreement, I am all for you doing that. BUT your ex -- the guy YOU married and had kids with -- is the logical target of your action, not companies caught in the cross-fire.

B

beat goes on

I could not agree with you more and I thnak you. HOwever, wht has happened is my ex is in a very high position with his company. thye sent the COBRA information to his old address, not my address. I find it hard ot believe the head of human resources did not tell the PResident of the company my COBRA papers wee undeliverable because I moved and left no forearding address. HOw could I when I never lived at the address the company sent the papers to? It was not until I had surgery and went to the pharmacy for a prescription I discovered I did nto have medical insurance. My ex had told me he handled it and like an idiot I believed him. He handled it alright by telling HR to snend the papers to the wrong address.

Secondly, he sent me a beneficiary designation form and then when I contacted the parent company I found out the ins. co he sent his form form was not the one thye were insured by.

The parent company sent the correct papers.

Even then he lied saying he was divorced and wsn't and did not abide by the judg4es order.

I took him to court and the judge gave him 30 days. It was not until I wrote to the judge the proper documents were sent.

This ;year I contaceted the parent company ( who holds the insurance). I received a call and letter from the head of his HR in Florida all papers are kept there, not with the parent company. I express my disatisfaction in dealing with them because of the problems with COBRA, prior life insurance issues and child support/ alimony. HOwever, they insisted I had to deal with them. They sent the beneficiary designation forms and I called the insurance company. they have not been insured with them since 1997 and the parent comapny cancelled the policy in Aug.

I have reason to believe my ex is using his power with the company to harass me or he is harassing his employees into doing this or they are highly incompetent employees.
Why is this os improtant. He travels 95% of the time and in 1987n he removed stairs in our home, failed to tell the children and myself. I fell 10 ft. to a concrete floor in our basement. It wasw notuntil I fled a motion in divorce that I foudn outhe had changed the beneficiary of his life insurance in 1987 within two months of the accident.

And the beat goes on. LThanks again for your input. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts again. Do you still think I should leave the company out of this? He ignores the judges orders. HElp!1!!!!!!!!! Thanks again

ALawyer

If he and the company are conspiring to defraud you (and if he is a high enough executive one of his buddies may be in cahoots with him) then get a lawyer to sue both of them.

B

beat goes on

My ex is president of the company. Need I say more. He has left a wonderful paper trail. What kind of a lwyer woudl you recommend. His company lawyer sent me a letter telling me to cease and desist but I din't think my ex gave him all of th4e docs. I have been harassed aabout life insurance, allimony and COBRA. this is a continual battle with eveything. I need a contingency lawyer. Help!!!!!!!!!

ALawyer

I doubt any lawyer would handle this on a contingency as there is no large pot of gold at the end of the day. A family lawyer or general practice lawyer may handle it.

B

beat goes on

HOw could a family lawyer takehis company to court? If you are talking just about taking him to family court I understand. However, I know the judge will say he hs no control over the company. Could a subpoena be sent to the parent company? I have writtent to the parent company myself. I sent them the paper trail asking they please send the proper documents. So far no reply other then theone from an attorney hired by my ex's company. Wht can the judge do in family court.? He keeps violating the orders and the judge does nto care. Thankis again. would you suggest I write to the judge?

ALawyer

It is clear to me that if you want action you'll need an attorney to carry the ball. You carry little weight and can't intimidate or scare a company set to fight you into complaince. A lawyer should know what to do. This is the end of this thread for me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">