• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life ins not claimed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bestnavydad

my mom died 11yrs ago and i just found out there is a life ins policy on her that has not been clamied i think i was the beifary was me but she got mad at me back in 1998 and changed it to a church but the church new nothing about it can i do anything to cliam this ins it has just been sitting there i think as her only living meber i should have some rights to it can i fight this

Betty

There's no need to try & fight this. If the bene was changed to the church,
the life ins. proceeds belongs to the church. They definitely don't belong to you if you are not the bene/a bene.

You said the church knew nothing about the policy - apparently you contacted them & found this out. Now that the church knows, they may
be putting in a claim for the proceeds. Anyway, the bottom line is the proceeds are not yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">