• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life ins on Autp Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaross01

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My husband and I had our autos insured with a local agent. We were told that a life insurance policy came with the auto policy. Two vehicles were registered in his name and one was registered jointly. I went and took care of all the paperwork. My husband passed away suddenly last month. The local agent said I was the owner of the policy so he was not listed on the life insurance. He was listed as owner of the vehicles and as a driver. Can this be true since the vehicles were his?

ALawyer

It is essential to read the policy. Most auto insurance does not provide life insurance. Perhaps you are talking about CREDIT life insurance in connection with a financing of the car.

My experience is that credit life insurance companies try to wiggle out of the claims. You need to see the exact policy language, the exact terms, the exact registration records, and understand the laws in your states and do not let yourself be bamboozled. The easy way out is to take the agent's word -- and he too may be ignorant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">