• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life ins

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smiley39

What is the name of your state? pa
My husbands policy is threw the goverment . I'm not listed on this policy at all, In the event of his death would I be responable for his current depths even if my name is not on any of them.
Question 2
At the time this policy was made we were not married and he named his children beneficeries one is of legal age and one is not would the minor childs half go to the ex-wife since he is there son. and the house is to go too the children would this leave me in the streets.And who would be responable for the funeral exp.

Bigfoot

The minor child's portion might be put into a trust until he or she is of age. The other parent may petition the courts, saying that it is needed due to 'hardship'.

Since you seem to have the actual policy, you might consider asking your husband to put you on as a co-beneficiary or, take out a policy on him naming yourself as beneficiary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">