• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life insurance beneficiaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crazyinfl2003

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Florida

My question is this. My mother had two life insurance policies taken out. Both policies had beneficiaries named in them. These policies had been in effect for over ten years. After my mom passed away my oldest brother and oldest sister found out they were not beneficiaries on either policy. The money is designated for other children in the family. To make a long story short, my brother and sister threw a hissy fit when they founf out they were not beneficiaries of either policy. They have said since they are not getting anything they are going to probate the policies and make sure the money all goes to charities and not any family members as mom wanted. I have spoken to mom's lawyer and done research and I have found out that since the policies are a private contract they cannot be probated. She had no will and no estate. Is the information I found and was told correct or can my siblings actually probate the policies and "force" some money to come their way???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Your brother and sister can do nothing. You are correct in your research. They are just blowing smoke up their own asses. Tell them to go ahead and waste their own money.

IAAL

C

crazyinfl2003

thank you

i just want to thank you for all your help and advice. it's nice getting information from people who know what they are talking about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">