• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance beneficiary deceased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jcoheley

i am a resident of alabama and my father was also until passing. My grandmother was a resident of Georgia for one year until her passing 2 mos. ago. I am sole heir to my father's estate by blood (my mom still is alive). My granny's estate is being probated in Georgia by my aunt, sister to my dad and last living child. My Granny's will states my dad is executor with no mention of aunt being executor. Granny's life insurance states my dad as beneficary with no mention of what is to be done if he succombs before she does. what happens here? above mentioned insurance co. (policy purchased in alabama) states that said policy goes to my aunt not me. Is this correct? Do I inherit my dads share of lands that were deeded to my dad and his sister before his death by my granny, or do they go to his wife as she is still alive. my mom has already signed her right of succession as executrix of granny's will over to my aunt. Insurance policy states no other beneficary (not even sister). My dads will states that his inheritor is his wife, with the exception that she is deceased and then me as i am only child. I am in a situation where my mom inherits wealth from her family and didn't get along with my dad and will not fight for what is my dad's. I don't want to lose what my father would have inherited as his sister is not financially inclined and will gladly convert all assets into cash and spend quickly.........Help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">