• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance Beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mscella

What is the name of your state? Maryland.
My brother died suddenly this week. He has had a sizable life insurance policy for several years. He named our father as one beneficiary and his ex-wife as another. My brother and the ex-wife have two teenage sons together. But since he got the policy, our father has died and my brother moved on to another relationship where he had two more small children. I suspect he thought he had plenty of time, but he never changed his beneficiaries. The former wife is something of a character and I am concerned she will think nothing of taking the insurance money and refusing to acknowledge the two later children. Is there anything that can be done legally to ensure all the children are provided for in some way?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">