• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance beneficiary??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tybri

What is
the name of your state?florida
My father passed away 2 weeks ago.He had health problems and needed some assistance and could not live on his own. I had cared for my mother and father since I was in my early twenties, 5 years ago I sent him to California to live with his sister as they were both retired and I was a single mother caring for my son and working fulltime, I felt he would be happier. Now that he has passed I am the only living next of kin (my mother and sister passed years ago) As the only surviving next of kin, do I have any rights to my father's live insurance or because he has been living with his sister, does she have the right to take that from me?

Dandy Don

It depends on who he named as beneficiary on the policy when he first bought it. If you know the name of the insurance company you need to contact them to find out who the beneficiary is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">