• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tybri

What is the name of your state?florida
My father recently passed away, my mother was the beneficiary on his life insurance policy and she is deceased, who is entitled to the proceeds of the policy if she was the only beneficiary named? ?? I am the only living member left in our immediate family. If I am entitled, how do I go about collecting the money ?? With privacy laws the way they are is the insurance company even going to give me information by phone if I call?????

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Do some anonymous research with the insurance company (visit their website or contact them by phone) before you identify yourself. Your main question will be to ask them the same question you have posted here: what happens if the beneficiary is deceased, and see what they tell you.

Some companies will not pay out any other family members if the beneficiary is deceased, and others will, so try to find out the answer to your question without giving them the specifics of your situation. Customer service will probably answer this question for you over the phone.

If your mother had a last will and testament that was probated in court, then if the company is willing to issue a check to her estate, then the executor of her estate can take care of this for you by dividing up the money as the will instructs.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">