• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance benefit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meg

This happened in PA. When my sister died she left behind a husband and a small child that is not his. When she had filled out her life insurance beneficary papers at work she put her child down as the beneficiary and there was a witness to this fact. However the husband was paid that money plus another 15,000.00 because my sister was wearing a seatbelt and her air bag deployed because the company my sister worked for could not find my sister's paperwork. The husband is the executor of my sister's estate and to this day he has gotten everything and the child has nothing including no mother. Several people that work at the same place as my sister did said there was a big screw up before her death and several people's paper work went missing. The work plcae is very nasty and won't talk when my family calls them about the matter. A lawyer here told my parents that the child was entitled to that money and they had a good case, but he said his fees would use up most of the money if they went to court so it would be better to drop it. When my mother called the insurance company my sister had the life ins. through they had told her that yes there was a beneficiary named and they had the paper right in front of them, so my mother figured there wouldn't be any problems, that the money would get paid out. However after not hearing anything for some time my mother called the ins. co. back several weeks later and was told that no one by the name she gave them worked there and they didn't have any paper work. This story and the crazy run a round my mother got is very long but I hope you get the idea from this little bit. I just don't understand why the child should be left out in the cold and the husband gets everything just because a company lost paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">