• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life insurance benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DaveT40

What is the name of your state? California

My ex-wife just passsed away.
We've been divorced over five years
I had taken out a life insurance policy on her when we were still married and continued to pay the monthy premium on this policy
I've always been listed as the primary beneficiary on this policy the whole time.

Question can my ex-wife's oldest daughter have me removed as the beneficiary?
there is no paper work from my deceased ex-wife stating who should recieve the policy.
I was burdened with bills from my ex-wife and plan on useing the policy to not only pay off those bills but to split it among the three childern and my self

I really don't want to get into a family fuad over this but the oldest daughter is money hungry

Dave

Dandy Don

You have nothing to worry about. As long as you are named the primary beneficiary, no one else can do anything to get the designation altered under any circumstances.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DaveT40 said:
What is the name of your state? California

My ex-wife just passsed away.
We've been divorced over five years
I had taken out a life insurance policy on her when we were still married and continued to pay the monthy premium on this policy
I've always been listed as the primary beneficiary on this policy the whole time.

Question can my ex-wife's oldest daughter have me removed as the beneficiary?
there is no paper work from my deceased ex-wife stating who should recieve the policy.
I was burdened with bills from my ex-wife and plan on useing the policy to not only pay off those bills but to split it among the three childern and my self

I really don't want to get into a family fuad over this but the oldest daughter is money hungry

Dave

=======================================

My response:

Was this a private insurance policy, or one through your employer?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">