• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duvaldiva32202

What is the name of your state? Florida
My father passed 3 months ago and I have no clue about any of his personal information regarding his life insurance policies or anything. He mentioned to me that he had a policy on me and that if anything happened to him that I would be taken care of. I don't get along with his wife that much and I don't want to seem like I'm only out for the money, but I would like to know, if he had left any money for me or if my life insurance policy that he had for me will pay out can I get that information on my own without involving his wife or do I need to get an attorney to help with this:confused: .What is the name of your state?

moburkes

His wife cannot change the beneficiary, so if she submits a claim, and you are the bene, then the insurance company will try to contact you.

He may have changed the bene to your step mom, since he made that statement to you.

There is no harm in asking her about it. She will not gain or lose anything by being honest or dishonest with you.

Sorry about your dad, by the way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">