• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duvaldiva32202

What is the name of your state? Florida
How can I obtain copies of my father's funeral expenses to see how much was paid out from his policy and his military benefits and what was the amount left over. I contacted the funeral home to get this information, however I was told that I had to talk to his idiotic wife because under the Florida law I cannot get this information from them.What is the name of your state?

nextwife

The life insurance benefit is NOT part of Dad's "estate". It passes outside probate. It is really only necessary for the named beneficiary to know.

AS to his funeral expenses, if you or the estate was billed for it, then you would be entitled to a copy if dad named you in his will, or he died intestate..

Betty

If Dad's wife was the named beneficiary on any/all life insurance coverage, the proceeds would have been payable to her to do with as she wished. As nextwife indicated, life ins. passes outside the estate to the named bene(s). The life ins. would be part of the estate only if the estate was named bene.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">