• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance Canceled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jak

My state is NY

I've had a life insurance policy from NY LIfe brokered thruogh Pearl Carrol & Assoc (through my employer) since 12/98. I was out on disability (same insurer) from 3/05 - 6/06. My employer continued to pay contributuions through my last paycheck. I never received anything regarding my life insurance, so I figured the systems were tied and a waiver was in effect.

I called my insurance company yesterday to get a copy of my disability benefits only to be told my policy was canceled 08/05. I asked how that could be I was receiving checks up until 03/06. The rep insisted they sent me bills and I ignored them.

After speaking to a supervisor, it appears they were sending the bills to an address that I never lived at! So I asked about my whole life policy only to find out it was canceled as well.

Now they're telling I could take the cash value of $700 lousy dollars!!! And apply all over again!!

I just dusted off my original paperwork which says that a waiver can be applied for upto a year of disability beginning. The last sentence of that paragraph says " If it is not possible to give proof within such period, it must be given as soon as reasonably possible.

The supervisor oh so kindly had a sales rep call me.

What do you think my options are???:confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To take all of the paperwork to an attorney in your state and ask him to review them. We cannot comment on documentation we have not read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">