• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linsturnok

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA.
My husband has a life insurance policy for a million dollars and we pay approximately $130 a month. It has been in existance for 8yrs..If we were to cancel it, would we get any money back in return?

justalayman

that would depend on what type of policy it is but at that price, I suspect it is a simple term policy. As such, there would be no refund as that type of policy does not accrue any value. It is simply a purchase plan.

If it is a whole life policy, you would need to speak to your agent to determine if it has accrued any value by now.

Betty

I don't know the age of your husband but only $130.00 a month for a $1,000,000 policy does sound like a term policy. If so, there would be no refund as the previous responder noted.

As we don't know for sure just exactly what type of policy this is, your best bet is to call your ins. agt. or the ins. co. & ask if there is any cash value ("refund") available on termination/cancellation. Even if this is a whole life policy, don't expect a large cash value since the premium paid was only $130 a mo. & the policy has only been in force for 8 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">