• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance claim denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luluhair

I live in MO. my mother worked for the same company for 30+ yrs. 4/00 she had a nephrectomy for renal CA & was on leave since then. she received paychecks from vacation, sick time, etc. for a few months (not sure of last date). in 6/00, her company switched insurers, both medical & life. she continued to pay all premiums on said insurance until her death in 2/01. the life insurance company is refusing my claim because she was "not @ work on 6/1/00 or was not capable of performing normal duties but on vacation or scheduled off day." how can her medical have been carried over smoothly w/o some continuity in the health policies as well?
any comments are greatly appreciated, they are giving me 60 days to respond. Thanx

ALawyer

I humbly suggest that instead of YOU responding, you get a knowledgeable insurance lawyer to respond, or at least guide your response, perhaps with appropriate use of such terms as bad faith and unconscionable conduct IF what I suspect is the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">