• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance Co. dragging

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lakewoodgirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AR

My husband's aunt passed away May 14, 2011-- and he is a beneficiary on her life insurance. Nearly 4 months later, Cigna is stating they don't have all the information needed to process the claim and they have no idea how long it will take to get all the info to pay out. Cigna did state she was completely paid up but there are "eligibility issues". She died of cancer and we can't get them to be more specific as to what the eligibility issue is. She had this policy for quite awhile--more than 2 years. Do we have any legal recourse so they don't continue to take their sweet time while collecting interest??

Aunt lived in AR
We live in FL
Cigna is based out of PA

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

I would send them a certified letter, requesting an explanation or payment. Notify them you will be filing a complaint with the AR Insurance Department if they do not comply. It would not hurt to give the Department a call for advice prior to doing so. You might get better advice.

Arkansas Insurance Department

Betty

In "most" jurisdictions life ins. companies are required to pay death claims within a specified period of time after proper notification of the claim & receipt of a death certificate. This period is usually 60 days.

I would follow OHRoadwarrior's advice above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">