• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance for my mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Matso

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
My mother passed away in October and I am trying to locate any life insurance she might have had at the time of her death.

Dandy Don

Problem is that there is no one central database in the US where one could check. If she left no policies in her personal papers or no record of monthly payments to insurance co. in her cancelled checks, she probably did not have any.

If you know who your mother's physicians were, find out from them how to get access to her medical records. Sometimes the Medical Information Bureau will release information about the names of the insurance companies that have accessed her medical records, and if you could purchase that information from them you would at least have the names of the insurance companies so you would know where to start looking.

Or visit the website www.L-LIFEINSURANCE.com and have a search done through about 400 companies for about $80.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">