• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life insurance I am beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stelllaa

I was left beneficiary on my moms life insurance, well this was around 3 months ago she died, I have received a letter from the insurance company asking me if I would like to take out the taxes or not, well I sent that back a month ago and I still have not received any kind of notice or for that matter I have not received my money, there excuse is that they have to wait and here from the teamsters union that she belonged to, to make sure she paid her union dues, I have called them quite a few times and I still keep getting the same excuse please tell me what to do????
This is in Los Angeles, California

THANK YOU,
Jodi Peltier
E-Mail [email protected]

M

mary ray

Write a letter requesting payment. Docuement what efforts you have used in trying to collect settlement. You'll get a faster response if done in writing.

P

pppips

Don't know if you are still having problems. I was beneficiary for my mom's policy. Was having similar problems with her employer notifying the insurance company to send me the money. They know they have to pay, but don't want to give the money up. Be persistant. Call every day if you have to. They know that you are legally entitled to the money. Find out how long they have legally until they have to pay you. Just keep calling!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">