• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karmadawn

What is the name of your state?

I live in the state of connecticut, and last summer my father became terminally ill. In october, before his health declined he wrote a will naming my sister and i sole beneficiaries of his estate. In december about a week before he died when he was barely coherant his power of attorney took my sister and i off his life insurance and named herself and her husband as sole beneficiaries of his life insurance. subsequently she took control over his belongings and distrubuted the most valuable items to her daughter and husband. I need help....my sister and i are in our mid twenties and not only have lost both parents but everything that belonged to them.

Last edited:

How much money are you talking about? You can hire an Atty (you will have to with this complication) and probably get a reversal. IF you can prove he was indeed not capable of making such a decision!

If this was a duly apppointed POA it sounds like they abuse that POA and depending on the POA may not have even had the right to do as they did. You need an Atty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">