• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsampiere2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CONNECTICUT

I am being charged interest on a loan from my life insurance policy at a higher rate than I initially took it out at. Additionally, I was told that interest accrues on a daily basis on such loan. In essence, I am paying as a revolving charge, or like a retail charge card. Is this legal?......It seems to me, it is not, or should not be.

I have another loan from a different insurance company, and they deduct interest from the interest I paid initially, every payment I make.

Please advise.

Thank You

ErinGoBragh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CONNECTICUT

I am being charged interest on a loan from my life insurance policy at a higher rate than I initially took it out at. Additionally, I was told that interest accrues on a daily basis on such loan. In essence, I am paying as a revolving charge, or like a retail charge card. Is this legal?......It seems to me, it is not, or should not be.

I have another loan from a different insurance company, and they deduct interest from the interest I paid initially, every payment I make.

Please advise.

Thank You

It is legal and it is typical. You probably have a variable interest rate on the loan. You should call whomever sold you or is servicing the policy and figure out if you can get a fixed rate on the loan; however, daily deductions for interest can continue. When you are ready to fully pay off the loan, you can typically contact the insurance company and they will give you an amount that is good for payoff for x number of days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">