• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance mix up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crystalmarmad

My Stepfather recently passed away. He and my mother were going through a Divorce in FL and were settling things amicably. After his passing we found that he had done a new will and renamed his beneficiaries 2 days prior to having the surgery that he died from. He sent e-mails to me asking me for all my info to set things up so that i was the beneficiary. But when we checked his mail he had a paper in there from the insurance company and I was not listed as one of the beneficiaries. But the paper work stated that he had made mistakes on the form and that they could not accept it until it was redone. So my question is will the insurance company revert to the last known beneficiary? Also if they decided not to would the fact that his divorce paperwork states he is not allowed to change anything until the divorce is final would they revert back to the original beneficiary?

justalayman

So my question is will the insurance company revert to the last known beneficiary?
More correctly; it will remain with the beneficiary listed and not be changed to reflect you as beneficiary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">