• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance on Relative?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jaydepps

Hello, my father is interested in taking out a life insurance policy out on his father at his request. Is this legal and would you recommend any companies? My grandpa suggested it so we could pay off my student loans and my brother's future student loans. Thanks

anteater

There's nothing illegal about it. There are plenty of life insurance companies/agents around. I don't think that anybody posting here (other than spammers) will make suggestions.

But a couple thoughts:

If grandpa is the insured, it will probably be very expensive insurance. Who is going to pay the premiums? It might be more cost effective to use the funds that would go toward premiums to pay the loans directly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">