• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance policy frozen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fullingto

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My husband died. His life insurance was made out to his sister.
He had intended to change it to me. I recieve correnspondence addressed to him from the insurance company the day after he died. This lead me to believe he has possible change the policy. A lawyer wrote a letter to insurance company and they froze the policy. My concern is that the sister has forged my name and gotten the policy unfrozen. If that is the case, How will I ever know? as the insurance company will only talk to the beneficary.

K

knotcops

What does the attorney have to say about the possible fraud commited by the sister. If they froze the policy, they are obviously willing to deal with the attorney to some extent.

Bigfoot

The insurance company will require more than a signature to serve as proof of someone being the beneficiary. You don't say who the lawyer was representing in contacting the insurance company, neither do you disclose the info in the letter addressed to your husband that led you to believe that he was in the midst of changing the beneficiary designation.

I wish I could be more positive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">