• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life insurance premium increases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

19babe31

is my insurance company legally raising my premiums every six months via mortality rate increases. I live in Florida. I have a universal life for life policy.

ALawyer

Quite frankly, I think this may be a disguised effort to raise the one thing they can -- mortality -- in an efort to make higher profits and/or make up for lower interest rates and decreased investment returns on th underlying portfolio. And that is WRONG.

There have been a series of cases brought against insuers for doing that, and I know there are some Florida lawyers who are excellent at getting redress for people on this. What's the company?

19babe31

The Company is American General. I have already recieved a $1900+ payment from the class action suit that was against them. I think they are trying to recover that. At the rate they are going, I will have to sign my Social Security check over to them.
Are you saying I might be able to slow them down on this? I don't want to lose this policy as my wife is 100% disabled, and I need to leave her something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">