• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance reinstatement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rajv

What is the name of your state? MA

I accidently missed a life insurace payment for my insurance company. I had taken this policy through the company that I was working for over 10 years ago. I continued the policy after I left the company. During the 10 years I developed diabetes.

The company sent me a form to reinstate me and I put on the form that I had diabetes. As a result they now tell me that they will not reinstate me. Is this something that they can do?

Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, they can. They did not HAVE to allow you to reinstate at all, and having lost the policy they can hold you to the same standards that they would if you were a new applicant. While an employer-sponsored group policy pretty much has to accept everyone, an individual life insurance policy is free to exclude (or raise premiums) for medical conditions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">