• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fraoch_eilean

My father was in the army, when he passed away my mother told all of us (children) that he had not left us no money. I just recently found out that he is required to have a will by the army...one has not been found to this date. My sister has told me that his life insurance of 300,000 was to be divided among us 3 children. How do I approach my mother about this matter legally? My father passed away 5 years ago...and she has invested these monies into various accounts. Plus a matter about a SGLI???

Beth3

Who did your father list as beneficiary on his life insurance policy? Presumably your mother since the proceeds were paid to her.

What makes your sister believe the life insurance should have been paid to the children?

F

fraoch_eilean

Because, this particular insurance was for the children (my sister, my brother, and myself) and my father paid for extra insurance for my mother. In fact they had 2 $50,000 policies just for her when he passed away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">