• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

normal0125

What is the name of your state?NJ

A close friend of mine passed away, she had three children and was divorced twice, one of the children was from the first marrage and two from second marraige. Only the two from second marraige was named benificarieson her life insurance and annulities. Does the first child have the right to contest that policy?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

normal0125 said:
What is the name of your state?NJ

A close friend of mine passed away, she had three children and was divorced twice, one of the children was from the first marrage and two from second marraige. Only the two from second marraige was named benificarieson her life insurance and annulities. Does the first child have the right to contest that policy?

My response:

Was the first child named in the Will? Actually, it doesn't matter. Beneficiaries of Insurance and Annuities take directly. The money in those funds "bypasses" probate; i.e., At the moment of death, the money immediately belongs to the beneficiaries and doesn't belong to the Estate.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">