• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Falar

My dad just recently passed away, My mom told me that when they had gotten married that she had an insurance policy on me started in (64) and when they had gotten married in (69) at some point it was turned into a family plan I've got the orginal policy( when it was mine) and I've got money orders that my dad paid for it atleast till (78) $23.00 a month. I've got to cont. to go through more money orders to see when he actually stopped paying for it. Because I think He stopped when they got divorced in middle 80's. My question is that my mom seems to think that he paid into it for so long that the insurance company still would have to pay back the money paid, plus interest or something? Is this true, or any part of it?
Thanks

ALawyer

IF the policy had cash value, when new premium payments stopped the policy owner could have asked for the cash value back. If he just stopped paying, and the policy was not fully paid up, the policy would have gone on extended term until the cash value was eaten up by the term premium.

There may be some cash value left, but I doubt it would be much. Wrrite to the insurer. They'll tell you the status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">