• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmountjoy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl
My husbands employer has been taking out a montly fee for life insurance. His employer said that they dropped his insurance in 2007-but he was not notified. The employer has continued to take out this monthy fee. The employer wants the life insurance company to reinstate the insurance from that period-how can they do that? what if he had died after they dropped him and I went to file a claim-they would show no insurance. Can we request our money refunded for the time the employer took it out? and can this life insurance company go back and reinstate the policy?? I don't see how they can do that?

Dandy Don

Yes, you can ask for the money back from the employer, by letter, and if they don't refund it, file a complaint with your state insurance commissioner (do a GOOGLE search to find the contact information for the insurance commissioner). Is this employer offering coverage through a group policy with a new insurance company? It's better for your husband to get life insurance on his own by conducting his own search for a company he wants to do business with.

Betty

If your husband trys to get individual ins. on his own, I hope he is in good health & insurable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">