• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

br1mbc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My dad passed away on 12/2/2010 and, he was well prepared with having all his finances and documents organized.

My sister and I received a letter from Prudential Group Life Ins stating that my dad had a policy. This was unknown to my sister and I. We went through all his paper work and there was no documents for this policy.

The letter stated that the beneficiaries are entitled to the life insurance.
They asked us to fill out the group life beneficiary statement form and provide

1. A certified copy of the death certificate.
2. Legal documentation of the beneficiary for the following situations:
A. An estate, minor or not competent to handle financial affairs: attach a certified copy of the court order
appointing the legal representative.
B. A trust: attach a letter verifying that the trust is still in effect. If the trust is a testamentary, attach a
certified copy of the will and a certified copy of the testamentary.
C. No longer living: attach a copy of the beneficiary’s death certificate.
3. If an Accidental Death claim is being filed, attach supporting information, such as police report or newspaper clippings.

After supplying all the info that was asked of my sister and I, they would not give us any information regarding the policy. We have NO idea what the policy is worth or anything. They told me that under their (Prudential) policy they are not permitted to give out the information.

I told them I would be willing to provide proof that my dad left a Revocable Trust for my sister and I (that trust did not have to go to probate) and, I was power of attorney, executor.
I was again told they still couldn’t supply me any information. They told me to get in touch with my fathers employer for all and any information on this policy.

Any answers or, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
MaryAnn

trishanvegas

Life Insurance Benef

My uncle 16 yrs ago had me sign and give my ss to the va social worker in longbeach calif. i'm not sure if i was young and naive,but i never got a copy of what i was doin,it was basicallly quick,we were in and out. actually my uncle walked me in. and when i walked out it was nothing to really talk about,but i do recall me telling her my uncle would never die. we all think that ,,,,she said will wouldnt you be happy to know that this was going to you when he did pass.
Anyways,unfortunatley my uncle passed on about 3 weeks ago. a lady beat him up. he was only 65 had alot of health issues,but my adopted uncle his adopted brother told me about his dealth. well i didnt tell my adopted uncle anything about this life insurance thing i filled out years ago. anyways, i've called the va hospital,they told me there is nothing there,maybe its under a different plan. how do you find any of this out. since i never recieved a copy of what i signed, and now I can kick myself for not getting a copy. I only know my uncles name,and age, and I think the month he was born,thats it. Any advice on what I can do. Should I just hold out,and look up lost money,or property or something in that nature? If your gonna tell me to tell my adopted uncle about it,I'm not going there. he disowned him for years,and sorta me too. Now that he is passed on, this adopted uncle wants to keep in touch....I'm not really wanting too. for my dead uncles sake,rip ,,,,Trishanvegas

Betty

My uncle 16 yrs ago had me sign and give my ss to the va social worker in longbeach calif. i'm not sure if i was young and naive,but i never got a copy of what i was doin,it was basicallly quick,we were in and out. actually my uncle walked me in. and when i walked out it was nothing to really talk about,but i do recall me telling her my uncle would never die. we all think that ,,,,she said will wouldnt you be happy to know that this was going to you when he did pass.
Anyways,unfortunatley my uncle passed on about 3 weeks ago. a lady beat him up. he was only 65 had alot of health issues,but my adopted uncle his adopted brother told me about his dealth. well i didnt tell my adopted uncle anything about this life insurance thing i filled out years ago. anyways, i've called the va hospital,they told me there is nothing there,maybe its under a different plan. how do you find any of this out. since i never recieved a copy of what i signed, and now I can kick myself for not getting a copy. I only know my uncles name,and age, and I think the month he was born,thats it. Any advice on what I can do. Should I just hold out,and look up lost money,or property or something in that nature? If your gonna tell me to tell my adopted uncle about it,I'm not going there. he disowned him for years,and sorta me too. Now that he is passed on, this adopted uncle wants to keep in touch....I'm not really wanting too. for my dead uncles sake,rip ,,,,Trishanvegas
Trishanvegas, please start your own new thread. You added your question to another poster's thread. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">