• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Andy Morris

in ca...my father passed away june 2000..his life insurance was through his employer where he worked from 1971 until 1992 when he went on disability (he had cancer). Insurance denied my mothers claim because they claim that under disability he was required to make all life insurance payments. my mother has no proof of this -i.e. a letter or memo stating that policy. isn't the insurance company required by law to notify the beneficiary (my mother) of a policy cancellation? how long would she have to contest or appeal a denial of a claim? what is the statute of limitations on life insurance claims? is she entitled to interest from the past year?
should she just get a lawyer?

ALawyer

A lawyer would have to look at ALL the plan documents as they existed when he went on disability. IF the amount of insurance would have been substntial, it pays to get a professional to look at it; if the benefit is small, it may not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">