• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life plus ten sentence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cathi

my husband was given a sentence of life plus ten or an attepted murder in 1982. how much time must one serve on such a sentence? very confused. were in california

D

dsut

Since he was convicted, I'd say for the whole term. That's my preference. But that's also IF he did it. I know he could be convicted but still be innocent, as I have been there kinda. With todays justice system, life plus ten (I have never head of that, myself) would be atleast 20-30 with good behavior. On the other hand, if it's 10 to life (which I think it most likely is), he could be out in 3 1/2. Just don't count on it. And since it's in California (I think that's where you said it was), no telling. Best to ask a lawyer this.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">