• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Line of credit without my consent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hoozyerdadE

I reside in New York state. A medical bill that hadn't yet been paid by insurance went not to collections, but i got a letter stating an account had been opened in my name at some out of state bank. The terms were 15% interest with a $30 late fee. this line of credit would remain available to me once paid off for future bills incurred at this Hospital. I never agreed to any of this. how can this be legal? If this is legal, banks could go around opening lines of credit to anyone they wanted to. i already owe much more now than i started with, even after paying several payments directly to the hospital. Please help.

HomeGuru

hoozyerdadE said:
I reside in New York state. A medical bill that hadn't yet been paid by insurance went not to collections, but i got a letter stating an account had been opened in my name at some out of state bank. The terms were 15% interest with a $30 late fee. this line of credit would remain available to me once paid off for future bills incurred at this Hospital. I never agreed to any of this. how can this be legal? If this is legal, banks could go around opening lines of credit to anyone they wanted to. i already owe much more now than i started with, even after paying several payments directly to the hospital. Please help.
**A: and when you sent your certifed rrr letter to the bank, what was the banks written response back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">